- Deposits proceeds of the loan to the purchaser.
- Directs the escrow holder on the conditions under which the loan funds may be used.
The Escrow Holder
- Opens the order for title insurance.
- Obtains approvals from the buyer on title insurance report, pest and other inspections. Receives funds from the buyer and/or any lender. Prorates insurance, taxes, rent, etc.
- Disburses funds for title insurance, recordation fees, real estate commissions and lien clearance. Prepares a final statement for each party, indicating amounts to be disbursed for services and any further amounts necessary to close escrow.
- Records deed and loan documents, delivers the deed to the buyer, loan documents to the lender and funds to the seller, closing of escrow.
- Deposits the executed deed to the buyer with escrow holder.
- Deposits evidence of pest inspection and any required repair work.
- Deposits other required documents such as tax receipts, address of mortgage holder, insurance policies, equipment warranties or home warranty contracts, etc.
- Deposits the funds required, in addition to any borrowed funds, to pay the purchase price with the escrow holder.
- Deposits funds sufficient for home and title insurance. Arranges for any borrowed funds to be delivered to the escrow holder.
- Deposits any deed of trust or mortgages necessary to secure loans.
- Approves any inspection reports, title insurance commitments, etc. called for by the purchase and sale agreements.
- Fulfills any other conditions specified in the escrow instructions.