Once upon a time, there was a student at Glendale Community College that got a job as a part- time messenger to pay for school. Shortly after starting this job, he became the receptionist, otherwise known as the guy that answers the phone.
He was then moved into the Closing Department, typing HUD’s on carbon paper and using a Check Protector (you may want to Google that one), but was promoted to an assistant role and, within no time, was running a desk as a full-fledged Escrow Officer.
Before long, the commitment to build something took hold and this messenger turned Escrow Officer took ownership of Glen Oaks Escrow, building it from a three to four person operation to one of the largest family of independently owned and managed escrow companies in Southern California, with 25 offices and approximately 250 employees.
You may be asking yourself, how does one turn an office of 3-4 into a family of companies? It’s actually pretty simple: you care about people, invest in them and provide an environment that allows them to do the best job possible. This is something that Scott Akerley, CEO of Pango Group has proven to us over the last 20 years.
Pango Group consists of Glen Oaks Escrow and its three sister companies: CV Escrow, Escrow Trust Advisors and American Trust Escrow, commonly known as the Pango Family.
“I’ve always believed in order to grow your business, you need to surround yourself with great people and provide them with the tools to be successful. For me that’s really what leadership is all about.” – Scott Akerley, CEO
What gets us up in the morning…
- Loving this industry, because our success is 100% reliant on amazing people that we get to work for and with.
- Living our mission, vision and values.
- Building lifelong relationships to create raving fans out of everyone we touch.
What keeps us up at night…
- Being fully committed to our future, thinking three, five, ten years ahead and asking ourselves what will settlement services look like?
- How will the lending and real estate industry change?
- How can we use technology to continue to enhance the buyer, seller and client experience?
We look forward to the opportunity to work with or assist you with whatever you may need. Whether you’re a potential buyer or seller, member of the real estate community or an interested job candidate, we would love to hear from you, and to make you part of Our Story.